Are Concrete Blocks Toxic?
At first, we have to discuss some properties and compositions of concrete blocks, before its considering whether the blocks are toxic or not. You easily can use concrete blocks for your home foundation, if you have a plan to construct a gardening house.
According to the physical properties, the blocks are lightweight, durable, more strong than ordinary cement concrete, and for the above reasons with these blocks, we can construct high-raised gardening buildings.
But sometimes those types of blocks can be harmful to your family member and also your plants if they consume them. Because of the composition making the concrete and cinder blocks are made of a byproduct of burning coal known as fly ash and also other leach toxic substances, which are, magnesium oxide, aluminium oxide and calcium oxide in the soil.
And there also can be present the most serious byproduct like arsenic and lead in soil, which is also harmful to them. For this above reason, scientists advised the seller to make an impervious lining for the concrete blocks and soil.
So, the blocks and soil do not get into contact and them is no reaction. From the above conclusion, all sellers have to keep in mind the above precautions to save their families.
Concrete or Cinder Blocks: –
Nowadays these two types of blocks are very famous in the construction market, because of many reasons, which are described below-
The cinder blocks are generally made of concrete and by-products of burning coal. It’s much lighter than ordinary concrete blocks, because of the less used quantity of aggregate.
This type of block is generally avoided in most places because those blocks are not very strong, compared to cement concrete blocks. And another disadvantage is, this type of structure has a tendency of buckling into smalloadsad compared to concrete blocks.
Compared to conto to create blocks, this type of block repair cost is very high. This structure has little chance of overturning the structure against lateral pressure because of the light weight of the cinder blocks.
The concrete blocks are generally made of cement, sand, aggregate, water and admixture. This type of block can take more compressive strength as compared to cinder blocks.
Concrete blocks are used in more places as compared to cinder blocks, because of their high strength and durability. With concrete blocblocksonstruction becomes easier and the repairing cost of the concrete structure is quite less as compared to cinder blocks.
If we construct the structure with concrete blocks then the structure became more stable as compared to cinder blocks, because the self-weight of the concrete blocks is more than the cinder blocks.
From the above two conversations, we can say that concrete blocks are a more strong, more durable and also the most usable product as compared to cinder blocks.
Also Read: How Much Do Cinder Blocks Weight?
Concrete Is Not Generally Considered Toxic
Nowadays this is the most important question is whether wheconcrconcretetes blocks are toxic or not, in the buyer’s mind, who can want to concrete blocks to construct their structure? For this above reasons, the below description helps the buyers to know more about the concrete blocks-
- To days worlds concrete is the most popular, desirable, and also usable material in the construction engineering of barrages, dams, weirs, bridges etc. types of large structures.
- We know that concrete blocks are generally made of cement, sand, aggregate, water and admixture.
- And according to our knowledge, we know that those above materials are not toxic.
- But in some research, it can be found that few types of materials have created that toxic potential when noncontact with soil. That’s fly ash, lime etc. that is harmful to your family and plants.
- But lime has not kept any type of bad effect on the atmosphere and also people.
- From this above statement we can say this if the concrete is just made of cement, sand, aggregate, water and admixture then it’s harm-free, but on the other hand, if the concrete mix is present with fly ash then it is harmful to both atmosphere and also peoples.
What Should You Do?
What should I do depends on, what’s should we wants to do. Its means, for what purpose you want to construct your structure. if I want to just make a structure for living or gardening purposes then the toxic blocks are not more harmful.
But if I make the structure for growing vegetables and also fruits, then use the soil for farming are react with the presence of alkalis and the reacted product can be observed by your vegetable plants that’s can be harmful.
And another main thing is you can use lining protection between soil and concrete blocks with impervious material so that a reaction between them does not occur. In this way, we can protect ourselves from harmful reactions.
For this above reason before constructing the structure, we have to decide the purpose of the structure and then construct it.
Make Your Concrete Blocks: –
To avoid those above risks, you can make your concrete by flowing a few simple steps, those are below-
- At first, you have to need some natural materials, like limestone or seashells, and then you have to crush them mixed with sand, natural aggregate, and water.
- After well mixing for about 2 to 3 minutes, the mixing you have to pour it into the mould, that mould you can it from the market and also easily can be made at home by you.
- After pouring the concrete mix into the mould you have to wait till the concrete is not fully dried.
- After drying the concrete, the moulds are removed from the concrete and can be used as d harm-free concrete blocks for your structure.
- There is a vantage of home-making concrete blocks, that is, in these blocks, you can get the desired shape and size for your structure. That also helps to make a desire-designed structure for me.
- And making the blocks at home it’s also can help to reduce the total construction cost of my building.
- For this above reason, according to me, then use home-home-making home-making concrete is a very good idea for your structure.