Should You Power Wash Trex Decking?
The power wash Trex is the most popular composite decking brand. Trex also should take similar care to another composite decking. And working with the boards and using the right cleaning agents will be fine. A power washer is the easiest and fastest to clean outdoor space.
It works well with stone pavement and brick walls. We are called to build a new composite deck. The client asks for a Trex deck. And a manufacturer with a good warranty and range of a great products.
The water coming from the power wash is hot. Take extra caution, do not spray yourself and others, and wear recommended protective pieces of equipment. The article lists the model’s letter.
And they never use Trex models that can power washed, including Trex transcend, Trex select, and Trex enhance.
The power wash is used for fan attachment and low pressure. The low pressure with a block of simple soap and water keeps Trex clean. A commercial deck cleaner is approved for use on Trex. It would help if you had cleaning power.
How To Use A Power Washer On A New Trex Deck?
The spray deck with soap and gently scrub the deck board with a soft bristle brush. Composite materials are softer than wood and easily damaged by composite deck power wash.
If the material is damaged, it can lead to a host of compounding that ultimately increases your maintenance needs and costs, reducing decking life.
Trex constantly comes without a new product and changes the older models. If you use a pressure wash to clean a Trex deck, you use an air tip and lower pressures.
- Clean the deck. They do not leave dirty water on the deck.
- The deck should be cleaned with soap and water, then scrub the deck with a soft brush bristle.
- Rid off the dirt, mold, mildew, and grime using the pressure washer to clean and scrub.
- Using commercially cleaned Soap and water does not work.
When Not To Use A Pressure Washer On Trex?
Using a pressure wash on your deck, it is important to determine the generation of Trex you are working with.
A list of the Trex generations incompatible with a pressure washer cleaning.
An earlier generation of Trex is staining, fading, and flaking. The old Trex material is not resilient as the new Trex generation. The protective shell on old Trex generations makes pressure wash a bad idea.
If you have an older model Trex deck, used to a cleaning method like soap, a soft scrubbing brush, and water.
Using a power wash with the earlier versions of Trex is not advised to cause damage. The power washer on earlier Trex causes the warranty to void.
Can You Power Wash An Old Trex Deck?
An older Trex deck uses a power wash, which is risky and damages the decking. Would not use a power wash with real pressure. The color and overall appearance are in good condition. It cleans the Trex deck at least twice a year.
The power wash is the easiest and fastest to clean outdoor spaces is used to a power wash. Old generations of Trex decking do not have the protective out shell that new models do, which makes the decking easier to damage.
If you need cleaning power, a commercial cleaner is approved for the generation of Trex decking.
Is Trex Easy To Clean?
A lot of advantages to Trex decking instead of traditional wood. Trex is resistant to insects, flaking, staining, and rot and is made from 95% recycled materials. A product covered greatly by a good warranty. Trex is an annual spring and fall cleaning is recommended.
Trex cleaned old products like Trex accents, contours, Trex profiles, Trex origins, and Trex Brasilia on a semiannual with a composite deck cleaner. A deck cleaner, soapy water, and a brush sometimes do the trick.
The wood needs to be cleaned regularly and generally sealed and treated.
Regular dish soap and water with a soft scrub brush clean the Trex deck. The deck is like a floor. Rinse the entire deck off a power washer.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ):
How to Clean a Trex Deck Without a Power Washer?
Spray deck with soap, then follow by gently scrubbing each deck board with a soft bristle brush. Spray/rinse each individual deck board using a fan tip no closer than 8-in (203 mm) from the decking surface. RINSE THOROUGHLY. If dirty water from cleaning is left to dry, a film will remain on the decking surface.
How to Restore Trex Decking?
Combine half a cup of apple cider or white wine vinegar with a gallon of water and a cup of baking soda — this is the cleaning solution recommended by Trex for its decking boards. Spray down the deck, being careful to cover the entire deck area with the solution.
Can I Use Simple Green on Trex Deck?
Using a mild soap like Simple Green for cleaning a composite deck is usually all you need.
Is It Ok to Pressure Wash Trex Decking?
Trex does not recommend the use of a pressure washer. The use of a pressure washer on deck surface could damage the decking surface and will void the warranty with respect to any condition caused by the pressure washing. Trex does not recommend sanding.
Can You Power Wash Composite Decking
Pressure washing is not usually recommended for composite decking. If done incorrectly, it can be a big mistake. Pressure washing too close or using too much pressure can be ruinous for your deck. Composite decking material is softer than natural wood and therefore can be “etched” more easily.
Cleaning Composite Decking with Vinegar
For a composite deck: Combine a . 12 ml of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar to . 06 ml of baking soda with 3.8 litres of water. Swab this mixture on the entire deck and rinse well with clean water.
Clean Composite Deck with Oxiclean
- Rinse your deck with a hose to loosen any stuck-on debris.
- Fill the scoop with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to line 4. Mix with one gallon of the warm water until completely dissolved.
- Apply using a brush and let stand for 5-30 minutes.
- Scrub as needed and rinse well with cool water.
Best Cleaner for Composite Decking
Liquid dish soap (ammonia-free) is safe for use on cleaning your deck when mixed with a little warm water. Simply mix 1 gallon of water, 2 tablespoons of ammonia-free dish soap (such as Murphy’s), 1 pint of rubbing alcohol, and 1 quart of oxygen bleach. Be very careful so that you use only ammonia free dish soap.
Cleaning Composite Decking with Bleach
Harsh chemicals, such as bleach, are NOT recommended on any composite surface! These chemicals can eat away at the composite structure and leave permanent discolorations and damage.
Cleaning Composite Decking with Simple Green
- Clear deck. Clear the surface of your deck and sweep thoroughly.
- Create your Simple Green solution. Mix 1 measure of Simple Green Oxy Solve with 20 measures of water in a bucket (example: 1.5 cups of Simple Green and 2 gallons of water).
- Apply solution.
- Air dry.
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
- All About Retaining Wall Fence | What’s A Retaining Wall | A Retaining Wall with A Fence | Fence On Top of a Retaining Wall
- Trex vs Azek | What Is Trex Decking | What Is Azek Decking | The Trex Decking a Pros and Cons | The Azek Decking a Pros and Cons
- All About Sand Weight Per Yard | How Much Does Sand Weigh | What Does 1 Yard Of Sand Weigh | What Does 2 Yards Of Sand Weigh
- All About Yard of Gravel Weigh | How Much Does a Yard of Rock Weigh | How Much Does a Yard of Pea Gravel Weigh | How Much Does a Yard of Pea Gravel Cost
- All About Bathroom Doors | Should Bathroom Doors Open in or Out | Bathroom Doors Should Open Inward or Outward | Reasons Bathroom Doors Swing Inward